Saturday, November 15, 2014

crowd of aptheists

When I was very young, I used to love to hangout with older folks, especially adults because you really could learn so much from them. I have a distinct memory of being about 8 years old when I was invited to Bible school and the teacher there explained the "Jesus plan" to me (a.k.a. Christianity). I walked away from that exchange thinking I had found the stupidest adult alive. Imagine my surprise when over the years I started to discover some adults actually believe this complete bullshit!!
Religion looks to me like a disease of the ego whereby the victim seeks to make themselves and their friends the center of the universe and cast anything they don't understand as "evil". For some people religion is simply about ignorance and brainwashing, but for a very few it is a strikingly real thing that drives their reality and those few should be under professional supervision and care - not lost in a crowd of aptheists like they are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment